- Online only
Terahertz Components & Systems: Technology and Market Trends (2013)
Terahertz market: Will it eventually take off ? And for which applications ?
Objective of the report
- To provide an overview of Terahertz components and systems on the market and under development
- To segment the Terahertz market into well-defined applications
- To provide market forecast until 2022 for each application segment
- To underline main challenges to be addressed both on technology side and application side in the next years
- To identify Terahertz main industrial and R&D players worldwide.
- Title: Terahertz Components & Systems: Technology and Market Trends
- Market & Technology Report
- PDF + Excel file
- 200+ slides
- Multi users license
Key Features of the report
- Overview of Terahertz technologies (sources, detectors, systems …) and applications
- Main challenges to be addressed both on technology side and application side in the next years
- Market forecasts in revenue and volume by application until 2022
- Market analysis and list of players
- Related Reports
- Photonics in Federal European FP7 R&D Program
- Terahertz Components & Systems: Technology and Market Trends Update 2016
- Infrared Imaging Photodetectors and Systems: Technology and Market Trends
We do our most to provide a comprehensive understanding on markets and use of photonic technologies.
The Terahertz market will reach around €350M in 2022 !
The THz market is expected to grow from €34M in 2012 to €350M in 2022 with a strong CAGR increase due to the maturation of commercial products. Until now, Terahertz technologies were bulky and expensive systems only used for radio-astronomy and lab applications. Today, the great technical progress achieved of the recent years make it possible for THz technologies to be commercialized in markets such as Non Destructive Testing (NDT), industrial process monitoring pharmaceuticals quality control (QC), weapons detection,...
The present report provides extensive market data in M€ from 2012 to 2022 for different applications: Defense & Security, Biomedical, Industry (including NDT, QC, etc…), Telecommunications, Research (NOT including radio-astronomy nor Astrophysics).
Terahertz systems are now moving out of labs
At their beginning in the 80's, THz technologies were developed by researchers for laboratory applications. It was an expensive scientific device that only highly qualified staff could use.
However, for the last 10 years, efforts have been made towards the implementation of easy-to-use and cost-effective systems through the development of more compact and reliable components.
Thanks to these improvements, THz techniques are now entering the commercial market: the first products for applications like in-line industrial process monitoring have been sold.
And things won't stop there. In the next decade, systems are expected to get smaller and cheaper, opening news markets for THz devices like Telecommunications.
This report provides the main features of THz components as well as a detailed analysis on past and future evolution of THz systems.
The need of high performance tools in many fields is a great opportunity for THz technologies
After techniques like ultrasound or IR Terahertz is becoming a new competing technology for inspection, control and monitoring.
Because of their ability to penetrate through barrier materials (clothes, packaging,...), to perform non-contact and non-ionizing testing, THz systems are starting to compete with less safe technologies like X-rays or nuclear.
THz technologies are also expected to open new applications, especially in Biomedical and in Telecommunications, that are going to become the drivers of the THz market growth in 5 to 10 years.
This report provides a study of THz potential and challenges in more than 25 market segments such as mail scanning, oncology, composites NDT, wireless communications, as well as an application roadmap for the next decade.
Companies mentioned in the report
Ab Millimetre, Advantest, Agiltron, Alpes Lasers, BAe Systems, Bruker Optics, Coherent, Digital Barriers, Edimbourg Instruments, EKSPLA, Emcore, Hamamatsu, Hübner GmbH, Insight Product Company, Jena Optronik Gmbh, Lake Shore Cryotonics, Laser Components GmbH, Laser Quantum GmbH, M Squared Lasers, Menlo Systems, Microtech Instruments, NEC, Northrop Grumman, NTT,
Ophir-Spiricon, Picometrix (API), Qinetiq, Radiabeam Technologies, Rainbow Photonics, Raytheon, Sacher Lasertechnik GmbH, Spectrum Detector, Spiricon, Synview Gmbh, Teledyne Scientific And Imaging, Teraphysics, Teraview, Thorlabs, Tochigi Nikon, Toptica Photonics, Traycer Diagnostic Systems, UTC Aerospace and Systems, Virginia Diodes, Zomega Terahertz, …
Table of content